The COROS APEX 2 GPS Outdoor Watch is for outdoor enthusiasts. It is very well suited to the needs of trail and ultra runners.
- Next-generation accurate heart rate sensor.
- Connects with all of the five major satellite systems.
- 17 days of battery life for daily use/45 hours of full GPS.
- 1.2" sapphire screen and titanium bezel.
- Wide range of activity modes and third-party integrations.
- Free global offline maps for on-wrist navigation.
- Full training plan and workout support.
- Two-year global warranty.
Why choose a COROS APEX 2 Outdoor Watch?
Trail running and outdoor exercise places demands on a running watch. The sapphire glass is scratch-resistant, and the titanium bezel has a PVD coating. Designed to help you to focus on your run and worry less about your watch.
In the mountains and in bad weather, it's almost inevitable that you will wear gloves at some point. The size of the digital control dial should make this watch easy to operate while you are wearing gloves.
No need to worry about it getting wet. With 5 ATM water resistance and an ability to withstand water pressure up to a depth of 50 metres, this COROS watch will cope with wet weather.
The GPS battery life is impressive. However, from empty - it will also fully charge in less than 2 hours.
Trail running and mountain running often involves route planning and navigation. This watch can help with that. The main navigation features and benefits are as follows:
Sun Movements. Receive information relating to times of dawn, sunrise, sunset, and dusk.
Elevation Profile. Discover course elevation information before and during your run/activity.
Distance to Distance. Confirmation of your distance to your next checkpoint or final destination.
Deviate Alert. Receive alerts when are no longer on your route, and receive distance and guidance to get back on-route.
Checkpoint. Mark significant/notable locations such as an aid station for navigation in the future.
Exact GPS coordinates. See your exact GPS location, air pressure status and approximate elevation.
In-App Route Planner. Use the COROS app to draw a preferred route and let the Route Planer select the best path on the basis of the closest trails or streets available. You can confirm the distance and elevation, save it, and transfer it to your watch. Also, the COROS ecosystem is compatible with the route builder from Strava.
Free offline Landscape and Topographical maps. Allows access to essential navigational information in the highly remote locations.
The wrist-based heart rate sensor places a significant emphasis on accuracy. The sensor's cover is scratch-resistant. Advanced signal noise removal algorithms help the APEX 2 to provide very accurate heart rate data.
The main training features and benefits are as follows:
Heart rate variability (HRV) measurement. Helps you to decide on training load for the day based upon the possible stress that your body is under.
Altitude Mode/manual blood oxygen level (SpO2) level check. Monitor your body's adaptation to training at altitude.
Race Predictor. See an estimate of finish times for key distances such as the 5k, 10k, half marathon, and full marathon.
General Training Status. Build your awareness of your body's reaction to recent training - with insights into fatigue and fitness levels.
7-Day Total Load. Understand your past week's training loads and confirm whether the training loads are in the recommended zone.
Effort Pace. Get a gauge as to whether you are running too hard or too easy on uphill and downhill sections of a run.
Recovery Timer. A guide as to when you will be fully recovered and ready to start easy or tough training.
Training focus. A summary of the primary improvement of your run - based on training load and intensity.
COROS Training Hub. Use athlete-approved workouts and training plans, or build your own programme. You can do this via the COROS mobile and desktop apps.
Activity Tracking in Strength Sessions. The APEX 2 tracks your reps and sets automatically. You can plan strength training sessions in the COROS app and then sync these sessions to your COROS APEX 2.
- Dimensions: 43.0 x 42.8 x 12.8mm
- Weight: 42 grams (with Nylon Band)
- Display size: 1.2 Inch
- Screen material: Sapphire Glass
- Bezel material: Grade 5 Titanium Alloy with PVD Coating
- Cover material: Titanium Alloy
- Band material: Nylon
- Watch band width: 20mm
- Watch band installation: Quick Release
- Connects to your phone via Bluetooth
- Connects to accessories via Bluetooth
- Data sync is via WiFi/COROS App
- Works between the following temperatures: -20°C to 50°C
- Battery life - GPS:
- Standard Full GPS (GPS/QZSS): 45 hours - connects to GPS and QZSS
8 Hours (with music) - connects to GPS and QZSS with offline music
- All Systems On (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou, QZSS): 30 Hours - connects to 5 satellite systems at the same time
7 Hours (with music) - connects to 5 satellite systems at the same time with offline music
- Battery life - daily use: 17 days
- GNSS chipset: All-Satellite Single-Frequency
- Data tracking sensors:
- Optical Heart Rate Monitor (may not work over tattoos);
- Barometric Altimeter;
- 3D Compass;
- Optical Pulse Oximeter; and
- Electrocardiogram sensor.
- Daily features:
- Updateable firmware (with WiFi and the COROS app);
- Find My Phone;
- Find My Watch;
- Backlight Always-On Mode;
- HRV Index; and
- Music (plays offline when paired with supported Bluetooth headphones).
Finally, you can link your COROS account with Strava, Training Peaks and more 3rd party apps via the COROS app.